Today, 18-year-old Zach and his dad talk about how to get broader points of view on the podcast. To that end, they reach out to former congressman and presidential candidate, Beto O’Rourke, to hear how Texas’s approach to COVID-19 is going. Andy and Beto chat about how people’s own experiences dictate their views on the crisis. Then Peter Morley, an advocate for people with chronic illnesses, shares his lens on the crisis. And we hear from fan-favorite, Andy’s mom/Zach’s Nana, who has a special Mother’s Day message.
- Support the work of World Central Kitchen at www.wck.org/donate
- Support local food bank El Pasoans Fighting Hunger at https://elpasoansfightinghunger.org/
- Find Peter Morely and support his advocacy work at https://morethanmysle.com/ and follow him on Twitter @morethanmySLE
- Join Beto O’Rourke in supporting Texas food banks at https://poweredxpeople.org/ and follow him on Twitter @BetoORourke
- For Mother’s Day, follow Andy’s mom on Twitter @ASlavittsMom